INTRODUCTION TO LADIESFUND®
LADIESFUND® (a vehicle of DGF) was established in 2007 as an initiative to provide financial security to women and to promote and train women entrepreneurs. It aims to integrate the entrepreneurial needs based on the economic and social aspects of the local communities, with respect to greater women participation in the workforce. We have 12,000 women and youth members and are audited by Ernst Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder. Our mission is to connect Pakistani women professionals and entrepreneurs to each other and the best of local/national/international resources and opportunities; educate them on best business and entrepreneur practices; and inspire them with success stories and heroes. We are also recommending women to the Finance Minister and World Bank for Board Seats of Pakistani organizations.
LADIESFUND® supports the upliftment of Pakistan women with activities such as
- LADIESFUND® Women’s Awards
- LADIESFUND® Entrepreneurship Conferences
- LADIESFUND® Women of Influence Luncheon Series
- LADIESFUND® Internships
- LADIESFUND® mentorships and
- LADIESFUND® Magazine.
DGF is renowned internationally for its community projects and charitable work including its partnerships with initiatives such a SOS Children’s Villages, BABYFUND® Flood Relief campaign, LADIESFUND® Fellowships/Scholarships, Cherie Blair Foundation for Women and Google Foundation, The Citizens Foundation, etc. Our merit-based scholarship program for grassroots girls is in partnership with Higher Education Commission and covers their University Education.
We currently have 140 local and international partners working with us and we have been asked by Women's Forum in France to help shape a similar model for Morocco and as such we are planning to hold LADIESFUND® International Summit featuring delegates from Morocco, Turkey and across Pakistan. As Syrian, Egyptian and other MENA women have approached us as well, we are poised to lead the MENA region in women development with our unique top-to-bottom approach to women entrepreneurship and would love your help in spreading the word to reach more and more people. We have 12,000 women and youth members [800,000 + “friends of facebook fans”] who have physically attended events and are audited by Ernst Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder.
- LADIESFUND Women’s Awards for Pakistan
(formerly LADIESFUND Women’s Entrepreneurship Awards)
- LADIESFUND® Educate a Girl Vocational Scholarships Pakistan
- LADIESFUND Scholarships
- LADIESFUND Fellowships
- LADIESFUND Internships
- LADIESFUND Entrepreneurship Conferences – now global events featuring speakers and delegates from around the world
- LADIESFUND® Speed Networking
- LADIESFUND® Power Lunches
- LADIESFUND® Canada
- LADIESFUND Magazine
- LADIESFUND E-Daily Newspaper
- LADIESFUND Launch of Commonwealth Business Women
- LADIESFUND Nominating Partner for Cherie Blair Foundation’s Mentoring Women in Business Programme
- LADIESFUND® Trainings & Workshops
- LADIESFUND® Corporate
- LADIESFUND® Trade
- LADIESFUND® Educate a Girl Vocational Scholarships Nigeria
- LADIESFUND® Nominating partner for All World Arabia 500 and Pakistan 500
- LADIESFUND® Lean In
- EAG 1000 girls
Pomme Amina GoharPakistan
Kimberly Bourne MacGregorCanada
Christopher S. EdwardsUSA
LADIESFUND® Recent Global Speeches on Women Entrepreneurship:
- European Commission: "Women Entrepreneurship To Reshape The Economy Through Innovation In MENA" at the European Development Days (video replay at http://live.eudevdays.eu/live?channel_id=1008614) in Brussels, Belgium.
- World Bank: "Supporting women entrepreneurs around the world: challenges and opportunities" at the World Bank's Finance and Private Sector Development Forum (http://go.worldbank.org/P6YREZ3I10) in Washington, DC, USA.
- Asia-Pacific: "She-Economy" at the Business & Professional Women Asia Pacific Conference in Taipei, Taiwan
- South Asia: "Best Practices for Engaging Men" at South Asia Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium in Dhaka, Bangladesh